Growing Together: Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Kid Gardening Gloves

• 1.  Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 04-08-2022 01:24:00 PM
    I truly value the feedback you all share- thank you for sharing your experiences.   I am about to purchase a classroom set of kid garden gloves.  The kids at our school transplant our seedlings out into the garden every spring and most of the kids really want to wear gloves when they do that work.   
    Does anyone have kid garden gloves that they can recommend?  How much should I expect to pay for each pair?  A school nearby has a set that say Atlas Nitrile on them but can not remember where they got them.   I googled and it seems they can range in cost from $9 a pair to $5 (maybe knockoff brand)

Thank you for any leads you may have. 
    Camille

------------------------------
    Camille Walker
    Elementary school garden

• 2.  RE: Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 04-12-2022 12:31:00 PM
    For high school kids, I had them purchase gloves from Dollar Tree, not sure if they have a smaller version for smaller students.

Marjorie Wakefield
    Springfield Catholic Schools

• 3.  RE: Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 04-13-2022 11:24:00 AM
    Hello! I purchased these (Yetene brand) for our elementary school garden club, and each pair ends up being about $2.25: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0924NMQL6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Our club has kids ages 5-10 and the gloves are a little big on some of the 5-6 year olds, but they seem to fit just fine on everyone else. 

So far the quality seems good, but I can't totally speak to their durability because we've only used them four times. I have washed them on delicate and dried them on low twice and they're holding up well. :) Good luck!

Justine Guidry

• 4.  RE: Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 04-13-2022 04:32:00 PM
    Thank you so much.  Those look great and are a great price.   I really appreciate the recommendation

Camille Walker
    Elementary school garden

• 5.  RE: Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 04-26-2022 03:36:00 AM
    Price is so reasonable. Thanks for sharing

Annie Clover

• 6.  RE: Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 06-19-2022 11:20:00 AM
    Thanks for your nice and very helpful reply, all the glover are very nice and colorful. I just want to add something about the quality of the gloves. we need to check the glove's quality report like it's BPA-free or not, whether Styrene has or not. Because the gloves can be very bad for our kids If it is not the good quality.  The gloves are made from rubber, rubber chemical properties are not good then it can be very dangerous for our kid's mild hands.

Antoni Watson

• 7.  RE: Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 04-15-2022 02:45:00 AM
    I recently bought 10 pairs of polyco crisis cross PVC grip gloves from amazon. Which is very cheap and of good quality. If you want I can recommend it.
    if you don't like them you can easily return them you don't need to worry.  Amazon return policy gives 15 days of return period so there is no issue.

Angila Roy

• 8.  RE: Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 04-16-2022 12:20:00 AM
    We have not been sharing gloves since COVID. How are others dealing with this? Is it safe to share gloves?
    Jessica 
    Bayview Elementary 

Sent from my iPhone

• 9.  RE: Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 04-26-2022 02:48:00 PM
    I have found that the price of kids (k-4 students) gloves on Amazon have gone up 30% since I purchased in Feb! :( I got these  gloves and these gloves. My students dislike this kind of fabric glove.  They like the rubberized gripping insides. 
    I personally like nitrile gloves that come in a 100 pack in KID size (they can be labeled and reused, too) at about $15-20 for COVID protocols. Here is a link to the least expensive I have seen. https://www.madisonartshop.com/craft-gloves.html. 
    It seems the prices of all of these items fluctuate quite a bit. 
    Happy shopping!

Lori Princiotto
    Glenwood School
    Short Hills NJ

• 10.  RE: Kid Gardening Gloves

Posted 03-13-2023 09:55:00 PM

Hey Camille, even though my response may be late, I still wanted to chime in. I have purchased kid garden gloves from a few different places in the past, and I have found that the ones from Atlas Nitrile are quite durable and a good investment. They usually cost around $7-8 per pair, but you might be able to find them on sale. Additionally, I would recommend checking out https://harmonycr.com/finger-cots/ for some other options, as they have a good selection of gloves and finger cots that might work well for your students. Hope this helps!

Lullaby Sir