Growing Together: Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Question about Application Process for AmeriCorps-based Farm to School Programming

Posted 04-21-2021 12:49:00 PM
    Hello! I am overseeing a new AmeriCorps Farm to School program working with local public schools and I am wondering how other SGSOs choose which schools they partner with. Do schools have to fill out an application? If so, what is your criteria?
    Thank you!
    -Erica

------------------------------
    Erica Krug

• 2.  RE: Question about Application Process for AmeriCorps-based Farm to School Programming

Posted 04-22-2021 11:12:00 AM
    Hi Erica
    I know FoodCorps (https://foodcorps.org/about/site-eligibility/) has some criteria they work with and I would suggest some having worked with AmeriCorps*VISTAs in a school setting for years.  Happy to jump on a call if you'd like or direct you to some ideas.
    Best,
    Jen
    Shelburne Farms

Jennifer Cirillo

• 3.  RE: Question about Application Process for AmeriCorps-based Farm to School Programming

Posted 04-22-2021 12:27:00 PM
    Hi! I may have just replied to you in a different way, but thank you SO much for this information- it is very helpful! I will use this as a starting point and reach out if I need to discuss more. Thank you! Take care, Erica

Erica Krug

• 4.  RE: Question about Application Process for AmeriCorps-based Farm to School Programming

Posted 04-23-2021 07:36:00 AM
    We partnered with AmeriCorps for about 10 years but then their sponsor in our area decided to dissolve.  They were great to work with!

Hope Sickmeier