Growing Together: Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  April happenings!

Posted 04-01-2021 03:27:00 PM
    April is such a fun month! Lots of organizations have events and happenings. Can we start a thread of them?

I'll start!

It's Kids Garden Month! Woo-hoo! (Is there a "kermit-arms" gif on here yet?) KidsGardening hosts a contest each April celebrating kids in the garden. This year we're asking kids to tell us what they love about their garden. 

Kids Garden Month Contest: What do you love about your garden?

There are weekly prizes, grand prizes for individual kids and groups, and SIX $500 awards for school gardens, thanks to Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation. 

It's one of my favorite times of year. I hope many of you will encourage the kids you garden with to participate. 

What else is happening in April?!

------------------------------
    Beth Saunders
    Director of Marketing & Communications
    KidsGardening

• 2.  RE: April happenings!

Posted 04-13-2021 06:08:00 PM

Just added a few more upcoming events in April to the Events section of the site. So much happening this month! 

April 17 & 24: Webinar: We Grow Hawai'i: a Youth Food Summit
    April 19-23: National Environmental Education Week
    April 20: National Farm to School Network Coffee Chat: Growing Racial Equity & Food Justice With School Gardens
    April 27: Workshop: Thriving Together--Building a Thriving Natural World for All
    April 27: Growing School Gardens: Virtual School Garden Tour

Any other events, contests, celebrations, webinars, etc. on anyone's radar to share???

Amelia Dupuis
    Kids Garden Community Manager
    KidsGardening