Growing Together: Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Reggio Emilia Workshops or Info

Posted 04-21-2022 08:59:00 AM
    Good morning,

I have been offered a garden teacher position at a Reggio Emilia themed preschool. I am over the moon excited. I am researching different topics and lessons using Reggio Emilia framework. I am a brand new teacher who has only completed 9 of my ECE units (so I have a lot to learn). I will be an associate teacher until I complete my full 12 units minimum.

I am a little familiar with this style and am researching information. I find this philosophy in line with my way of teaching and cannot wait to learn more.

I have created a list of ideas and am hoping our group may have other resources to help me learn more and prepare.

Thank you,
    Theresa :)

------------------------------
    THERESA HAGELBARGER
    CA

• 2.  RE: Reggio Emilia Workshops or Info

Posted 04-21-2022 01:15:00 PM
    Is Reggio Emilia similar to Montessori?

Rebecca Newsom

• 3.  RE: Reggio Emilia Workshops or Info

Posted 04-27-2022 08:30:00 AM
    My understanding is that it is similar in that there is a focus on the environment being an educator, and that the children have an active role in their community through both Montessori and Reggio Emilia. I have not worked at or visited a Reggio Emilia school however, so my information only comes from books and not experience.

Dana Scheffen

• 4.  RE: Reggio Emilia Workshops or Info

Posted 04-27-2022 08:27:00 AM
    Hi Theresa,

I don't work at a Reggio Emilia/ emergent curriculum school but have found that it aligns with my teaching style as well, so I try to incorporate as many principals as possible, which can be challenging because of the way my time with the students is structured. The only emergent curriculum resources I have found based out of the garden come form Teton Science School:

https://www.tetonscience.org/programs/place-based-education-nature-based-and-reggio-emilia-practices/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw06OTBhC_ARIsAAU1yOW0uzcG_SAGf3cbvJK1lTCUcdPCHmckHg0YP6fq7Kdb0LHjQ6-XJ4oaAiqnEALw_wcB

I would love to see the list of resources you have found.

Thanks,
    Dana

Dana Scheffen