Growing Together: Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Nutrition Games for Kids

Posted 05-20-2021 11:59:00 AM
    Greetings to all - I am putting together a resource list of educational/nutrition/garden games appropriate for elementary school age children.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of high quality games out there.  I know this because I created and am marketing one called Foodles and get a lot of parents and teachers asking me if I know of more games like mine that educate and empower children to eat healthy.  

Send the names of any my way and I'll check them out for my list.  

This is a wonderful community - glad I found it.

Jan Wolterman
    FoodlesforKids.com

------------------------------
    Jan Wolterman

• 2.  RE: Nutrition Games for Kids

Posted 05-21-2021 11:14:00 AM
    We participated in a program called "Color Me Healthy" through Texas AgriLife. Our kids really had fun and tried lots of new healthy foods and drinks. I've attached their contact information. I am always looking for the same types of activities-hopefully we get a few more here! 

Mary Masterson

Extension Educator: Better Living for Texans

Texas A&M AgriLife Extension

Bexar County Office

3355 Cherry Ridge #212

San Antonio,Texas  78230

Phone:  210-631-0400  Fax: 210-631-0429

Email: mary.masterson@ag.tamu.edu

Gloria L Gonzales
    Director

Gloria Gonzales

• 3.  RE: Nutrition Games for Kids

Posted 05-24-2021 02:16:00 PM
    I see Texas AgriLife mentioned in another post and I want to also mention the Learn Grow, Eat Go curriculum also published by Junior Master Gardener and Texas AgriLife. It is excellent resource and contains nutrition games (including recipes in bilingual English/Spanish format , info about how to plan and nurture a garden, a chapter on the importance of exercise and movement, and more!

The Junior Master Gardener team is running a LGEG curriculum training session in College Station, Texas this summer for the Learn Grow, Eat Go Curriculum. 

Lara Guerra
    The Hockaday School
    Dallas, Texas

Lara Guerra