Growing Together: Open Forum

View Only

Looking for input on Northeast Regional Group of Kids Garden Community

• 1.  Looking for input on Northeast Regional Group of Kids Garden Community

Posted 05-18-2022 10:39:00 AM
    I'm excited to announce that KidsGardening has received funding to initiate a pilot of a Northeast regional online group of youth garden advocates here on the Kids Garden Community. 
    Kids Garden Northeast will be a regional group, designed as a tailored group of the Kids Garden Community that will provide specialized expert support for youth gardening practitioners in the Northeast Region. These practitioners will share interests and experiences, are proximate enough to offer the potential to gather or conduct site visits, can benefit from the same local or regional grant opportunities, and face Northeast growing season challenges in common.
    We are kicking off this project now and we'd love to hear from any of you in ME, NH, VT, NY, MA, RI, and CT. We'd love your thoughts on how this group can be best designed to support your needs and the needs of the youth garden champions you serve. We'd also love to hear who the people and organizations are that you think are doing a great job of supporting and convening youth garden advocates now, and how we can support them to engage in this online community.

Please message me directly if you would like to share your thoughts on this with us.

Be well,
    Em

------------------------------
    Em Shipman
    Executive Director
    KidsGardening
    ------------------------------