Upper Valley Garden Educators

Hello! Introducing myself...

• 1.  Hello! Introducing myself...

Posted 11-13-2023 12:36:00 PM

Hello UV Garden Educators,

I'm Cat Buxton. I'm a busy cross-pollinator and change facilitator from Sharon, VT. 'm all about connecting the social mycelium to empower individuals to affect the necessary changes to restore health to people and planet. I am an effective and enthusiastic educator, collaborative community organizer, and advocate for systems change through a Just Transition. I talk incessantly about soil, compost, bugs, and plants to anyone who will listen. I've managed the edible schoolyard and student-run compost system at Thetford Elementary since 2007. I work with Regeneration Corps to engage middle and high school age students in justice and the outdoors. I lead Land Listener workshops with the Soil Carbon Coalition  and am co-founder of the Vermont Healthy Soils Coalition. My latest endeavor is the Super Compost Project. 

My business is Grow More, Waste Less (GMWL) (Connecting Communities | Grow More, Waste Less)

Grow More, Waste Less remove preview
    Connecting Communities | Grow More, Waste Less
    Grow More, Waste Less (GMWL) empowers and connects communities to affect positive change from the ground up. GMWL works with public, private, and school partners, through consultations, partnerships, and education about soil, food, compost, and whole systems.
    View this on Grow More, Waste Less >

I also work with Regeneration Corps (HOME | Regen Corps 2023

Regen Corps 2023 remove preview
    HOME | Regen Corps 2023
    About Regeneration Corps Our mission is to empower youth with the knowledge to mitigate and respond to climate change and its constituent impacts, all while building community resilience and strengthening local food systems. ​ Through a Just Transition framework, we teach the intersections of Regenerative Agriculture, Climate Change Resilience, and Racial & Social Justice.
    View this on Regen Corps 2023 >

------------------------------
    Catherine Buxton
    ------------------------------