Gardening with Kids at Home

View Only

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hi George, Go to a nursery or a big box store, like Lowes/Home Depot, and get Organic Raised Bed Soil. Then find a place that sells or gives away good rotted compost (may be a local farm). Dump them in the beds and mix well. Since you are in ...

• Hi Amelia, Thank you for your response. We are in Northern California near Sacramento. I'm looking for both garden starting advice (we have two nutrient-depleted garden boxes) and lessons for my second grader (age 7). My next job will be to decide ...

• Hi George! Welcome to the Kids Garden Community! There are so many ways you can use the garden to teach about science so this can be a really fun hands-on unit for your kids. Can you let us know where you're located and the age of your kids? This will ...

• hello all, I am new to the website and to this group and I want to introduce myself. My name is George and I'm homeschooling my kids. Our science unit coming up is all about gardening, which I'm super excited about. I'm here to learn as much as ...

• Thanks Donna. I love your idea to regrow the scallions. We grew avocado seeds together after a guacamole lesson and they loved tracking the growth! ------------------------------ Laura Sajdak FoodCorps - Mackenzie Elementary-Middle School and Henderson ...

Upcoming Events

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Latest Shared Files

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.