Early Childhood Gardening

Latest Discussion Posts

• https://bit.ly/ LasPlantasQuierenCrecer Our introductory gardening resource Plants Want to Grow has been translated into Spanish! This resource is a great starting point for folks interested in beginning gardening. It includes information about seed ...

• Profile Picture

RE: caterpillars

Hey there, Age 2 is pretty unpredictable in regards to touching things. When I teach nature or garden ed, we talk about how we "Observe and do not disturb." There are so many things we can touch while gardening, thank goodness, so keeping little hands ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Profile Picture

RE: caterpillars

Hi Nina, We purchased RestCloud butterfly habitats from Amazon. They are very inexpensive, come in different sizes and come with plastic tubes to hold cuttings for the caterpillars to feed on. They are mesh (some have a clear plastic window) so you can ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Profile Picture

caterpillars

Hello Everyone! I am wondering how everyone keeps caterpillars safe from little hands? We planted fennel and the caterpillars showed up right away! I got really excited and showed the children. Within about 10 minutes a sweet two year old had smushed ...

• I'm excited to announce that registration is now open for the Fall 2021 Session of Teaching in Nature's Classroom, a free 30-hour online course for educators. You can find more information and register here! ------------------------------ Erica Krug ...

Upcoming Events

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Latest Shared Files